Hot Water System Types
Which type of hot water system is best for you?
Are you wanting to get your hot water installation sorted before winter but the amount of information available has you second guessing what type of hot water to invest in?
DEAL - Book Online Now For 10% Off*
*terms and conditions apply
Pure Plumbing Professionals have created an easy guide listing the pro’s and con’s of each type of system to help you out. The licensed plumbers at Pure Plumbing Pro’s are specialists in everything hot water, including installation, repairs and services. The plumbing team have years of experience under their tool belt and and will be able to help you out with any queries you may face when deciding which type of hot water system is more suitable for your home
There are many different types of hot water systems on the market such as gas, electric, instant, solar, heat pump and storage hot water with each type gaining popularity for different reasons. If you're wanting an easy comparative guide for your hot water choices, simply continue reading below.
Gas Hot Water:
- This type is very energy efficient and produces low greenhouse gas emissions.
- If your family uses natural gas as the primary energy source then this is your best option.
- Very expensive to install.
- Not a good choice for homes that don’t run on natural gas.
Electric Hot Water
- This is the most common type of water heater in Australia due to it's ability to heat and hold large quantities of hot water, which is useful for a big family.
- One of the more expensive options.
- New government legislation is trying to limit use of this system type as it produces a high level of carbon emissions.
Instant Hot Water
- This system is very energy efficient as it only heats water when it's in demand rather than heating it constantly.
- Instant hot water is very convenient for cooking and cleaning purposes.
- This type of system is tank-less so its perfect for small areas or apartments.
- Potential to be an expensive installation as you may need larger gas lines or more power capacity to install (depending on your home).
- These types of systems are connected to a day-rate tariff making running costs higher than off peak storage systems.
Solar Hot Water
- Very energy efficient and the most environmentally friendly type of hot water type.
- Allows the sun to do most of the work.
- This type of system is very expensive and the return on investment will not be seen for a long period of time.
Heat Pump Hot Water
- This type of water heater is one of the most energy efficient which reduces cost in the long run.
- This system relies on using heat from the air around it or ground therefore doesn’t work well in cold spaces or climates.
- One of the most expensive type of water heater to install.
Storage Hot Water
- This style of water heater is typically the most affordable.
- Easy to install.
- The heater only holds so much water at a time meaning that when the hot water runs out, it could take over an hour to refill and heat the water.
- Requires a lot of energy to keep heating the water constantly (creating high electricity bills).
- Very expensive to install.
Hot Water System Installation, Repairs and Service
If you're needing a licensed plumber with hot water installation expertise then Pure Plumbing Pro's are the team to get the job done for you. We have been repairing and installing many different types of hot water systems for years and consider ourselves experts.
If you're needing to speak to someone experienced in hot water systems, just call us on 0407 837 729 and one of our qualified plumbers will be able to answer any questions you may have or fill in our online booking form.