Do you have a blocked sewer drain?
Are your toilets, basins or bath taking longer than usual to drain? Can you hear gurgling in the drains? Is your toilet overflowing? Have you noticed an unpleasant odour? You might have a blocked sewer pipe which can create some big issues if not cleared or repaired. Our experienced plumbing team can clear sewer blockages in your home or business across Sydney's northern suburbs.
DEAL - Book Online Now For 10% Off*
*terms and conditions apply
Some of these issues include:
- Blocked toilets and sinks
- Negative health effects on occupants
- Foul smelling environment
- Increased bacterial and germ presence
- Breeding ground for disease-causing insects like mosquito's
- Potential flooding during rainy seasons
Call the friendly and experienced team from Pure Professional Plumbing to clear your sewer pipes and get everything flowing again. There is no call out fee and we will clear blockages fast!
Our professional team can diagnose, clear and repair if necessary. Some of our effective services to clear blocked drains include:
- Free CCTV camera inspection with every blocked drain
- High-pressure water jetting
- Sewer and stormwater repairs and replacements
- Pipe patching and relining
What can cause sewer blockage?
A blocked or clogged sewer can be caused by grease, food, hair, and in some cases mud and leaves. Sometimes people put things down drains that just don’t belong there. These include:
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Fats, oils or grease (from the kitchen or car)
- Cotton buds
- Prescription medication
- Solvents, paint and turpentine
- Chemicals, herbicides and pesticides
- Plastics including food wrappers and apple stickers
- Contraceptive devices
- Food scraps including egg shells, bones and cooked rice
- Dairy products
- Coffee grounds
- Paper towel
- Feminine hygiene products like tampons or sanitary pads.
- “Flushable” wipes should never be flushed
Information above from unity water unitywater.com.au
Trees can block drains also as the roots going looking for nutrients, so it is a good idea to find out the location of your waste water pipes before planting trees. There is a handy guide on Sydney Water’s website to assist you with the location of waste water pipes - sydneywater.com.au
Generally, it is better to keep trees six metres away from pipes - check in with the local nursery for information on trees and their root systems.
If you do have trees that might be a problem, call us and we can look at the best way to manage your wastewater pipes.
If you have a clogged drain but it is not on your property, we can call Sydney Water and request them to fix it.
Sewer clearing Sydney north
We can clear blockages fast - once we locate the block our high-pressure water jetters will flush the pipes out and have them flowing again. We can also patch, reline or repair pipes if needed. Call the dedicated and professional team at Pure Plumbing Professionals to sort out your blocked sewer.
Contact our Sydney plumbing team on 0407 837 729 or complete our service request form today.
References Sydney water sewer choke information http://www.sydneywater.com.au/SW/plumbing-building-developing/plumbing/sewer-chokes/index.htm