Leaking washing machine taps, the silent destroyer
A potential money-drainer lurks in your household
Leaking washing machine taps loom as a potential unwanted cost to you. A silent destroyer of sorts; cabinets, flooring, and walls of your laundry are all at risk of succumbing to a leaking tap’s wrath. The most concerning issue with dripping washing machine taps is they’re often detected only after the damage is done.
In respect to aesthetically pleasing design, many modern laundry designs hide washing machine taps inside a cabinet or beneath the laundry sink. Whilst being nicer on the eye and saving space, hiding taps from plain sight can be a potentially costly mistake if not monitored regularly. Schedule an inspection with our plumber today and we can help you avoid a plumbing disaster.
Damage caused by washing machine tap leaking
As previously mentioned, not keeping a close eye on non-visible laundry taps can result in a significant inconvenience to your home, and prove to be an unwelcome financial strain on yourself and your family.
It’s worth mentioning that a water leakage of even a small magnitude can snowball into quite the problem. Regularly documented cases of washing machine tap leakages include resulting plaster flaking, rotting of timber, and growth of mould and mildew. Said issues combine into an ideal environment for termites; therefore putting the structural integrity of your home at risk.
NEED A PLUMBING INSPECTION?
Get professional help, book a great Sydney plumber here
Steps to prevent a washing machine tap catastrophe
An unaccounted-for leaking washing machine tap can cause some serious damage to your home. The best strategies for risk-mitigation are as follows:
- Routinely check the surrounds of the washing machine tap in your laundry. Look out for any signs of dampness, discoloration of swelling in its vicinity. A minimal amount of effort here could be potential money and time-saving.
- Whenever you’re contacting a plumber to organise an unrelated fix, make sure to request a general inspection of your house’s tap system. Early diagnosis of any potential issues such as washing machine tap issues can prove a significant help in the future.
- Just like you would the dentist or the doctor, make an annual appointment to check for general plumbing issues. The case-study of leaking washing machine taps and their potential ramifications confirms the importance of detection. Cost-minimisation is a necessary part of financial management; prevention is a superior option to treatment. Ensuring there aren’t any lingering plumbing issues on your premises is key to avoiding an expensive plumbing emergency.
If you have any questions about the information covered here, or would like to book a plumbing inspection, contact us today on (02) 9191 7374.
- How to fix a leaking tap
- How to stop a noisy tap
- Is water hammer causing annoyance on your premises?
- My pipes are making a banging sound, can you fix it?
- Emergency Plumbing
- General Plumbing
- Residential Plumbing
- Commercial Plumbing
- Plumbing Maintenance
- Leak Detection
- Dishwasher Installation
- Thermal Imaging
- Plumbing Inspection
- Bushfire Sprinkler Systems
- Granny Flats
- Water Efficiency
- Water Tank Installation
- Green Plumbing
- Drainage Solutions
- Drip Calculator
- Plumbing Information
Pure Plumbing Professionals Reviews
Click to call now
Your Local and Reliable Plumbers
With a lot of us now working from home, now is the best time to ensure that your home is in tip top shape. All of our plumbers comply to the latest government mandates around safety and disinfection to avoid spreading of COVID-19 as well as the safety and wellbeing of our customers. Our services are still available 24 hours a day so you can be rest assured that if something happens we have you covered.
If you are experiencing a plumbing emergency then call your local 24 hour plumbers on 0407 837 729.Book a Plumber